I’m baaack! It’s been one crazy ride since May after my girlfriend and I decided to take on a new venture and start a side biz together (more on that below!). I’ve been loving every part of this new world but I’ve definitely missed my food photography moments so I made a point to set aside a lil’ bloggin’ time. It’s good to be back and the recipe for these fabulous gluten free banana chocolate chip muffins was just the thing!
I don’t make a lot of banana baked goods around this house as my other half despises bananas in all forms. His aversion apparently began due to an overload of black bananas being packed in his school lunches by his ever-loving father. Haha. Needless to say the less banana in his life the happier he is!
I did not believe for one second that he would like these muffins but boy was I wrong. Everyone who’s tried them has thought they were amazing, myself included! They are moist, chocolatey and the perfect choice for using up old those ‘oh so’ visually appealing black bananas that are hiding in your freezer. 😉
Gluten Free Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 3 medium very ripe bananas
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups gluten-free flour blend
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare your muffin tins with liners.
- In large bowl, mash all the bananas with a fork.
- Whisk in egg, milk, granulated sugar, and brown sugar.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, xanthan gum, baking soda, and salt.
- Add flour mixture to banana mixture and combine.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spoon equal amounts of batter into 12 muffin cups.
- Bake 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool slightly in pan, then remove to wire rack.
So what is this new little venture? Believe it or not….Party Boxes! Prepping for a party requires so many pieces to come together that we decided to come up with a ‘party box’ that would include all you need to throw a great party, at an affordable price, that’s delivered straight to your door! If you feel like checking out this new little side biz visit: partyonpoint.ca for more details!